Blog Header Buttons

Image Map

Friday, March 28, 2014

The Brownie Mystery

It's a mystery to me how I can't make Brownies.



They are supposed to be the easiest thing to make right?! But either mine are way too gooey or they are much too hard and cake-like. A few months ago my friend heard about my brownie making problems and gave me the recipe she uses. Her brownies are so delicious that I didn't possibly think I could recreate them. Needless to say, I went about baking these very skeptically.



And guess what! They worked! The perfect texture and consistency is essential in a good brownies and these certainly meet those qualifications. I spent a snowy day off, eating brownies and reading a good Nancy Drew mystery book! 



As you can tell, I'm quite a fan of Nancy Drew (and brownies!).



Here is the key recipe to making brownies that taste delicious! (And it's very mysterious how they work for me and no other recipe has! I haven't been able to solve that case yet...)

Rather Mysterious Brownies

Ingredients:

3 eggs
2 cups Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of chopped nuts (optional)

Directions:

1. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until well mixed. Add butter.

2. Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in a separate bowl. Stir into egg mixture and mix well. Add chocolate chips and the nuts if using.

3. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until brownies test done with a wooden pick. (I sometimes need to cook them for 35 minutes)

And there you have it! If I can make these brownies (after having so many other brownies failures!) then you can too!






No comments:

Post a Comment